Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Ironman Gauntlet Prototype

This is my very first blog writing ever; please allow me to introduce myself a little.  I am a sophomore at Arrowhead Union High School and I am in the ILE (Integrated Learning Experience). We are conducting a Wonder Weeks project, and I have chosen to make an Ironman Gauntlet (full body eventually). This includes metalworking and welding, which is something I have never attempted or tried. So this will be a brand new experience for me.  I have teamed up with a fellow classmate (Alex Roessler) and he will be assisting me in the construction of the gauntlet. Taking into the fact that I have never worked with metals of any sort, those of you who are interested in making this and have not had any metalworking experience MUST have a professional to assist and create with you.

The first thing I took note of for this project was the measurements. I will have to measure every part of my body so that the suit will fit perfectly.  If you do not know how to do measurements, there will be a link to a document that will show you exactly how to take measurements.  Keep in mind that all measures must be taken using the metric unit, as this is a system used globally. After completing all measures needed for this process, you can then begin the process of constructing the gauntlet template. Beginning the designing process you must make sure that you have ALL the dimensions needed for this construction. 3D modeling will definitely work best for this type of project. After you have completed this step, you can then begin the metalworking and welding process.

No comments:

Post a Comment